Thursday 1 March 2012

Famous quotes by Richard Avedon

"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up."

 
"All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth."

 
"A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph it is no longer a fact but an opinion. There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph."


"A photographic portrait is a picture of someone who knows he's being photographed, and what he does with this knowledge is as much a part of the photograph as what he's wearing or how he looks. He's implicated in what's happening, and he has a certain real power over the result."

 
"I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment