Friday 2 March 2012

Being in front of the Camera....

These photographs resemble that not only am I the person that is behind the camera but I can also reflect myself through being in front of the camera as a subject. These are self-portraits of me in different shot angles and variety poses. The black and white photography highlights my attitude and personality of being an enthusiastic, diverse, risk taking, thoughtful and active person. I love the way that these shots actually look like editorial and commercial images.
These images where taking by a photographer of mine called Gavin also known as Afrika Soulchild.

...I'm not afriad to look at the camera as long as I and the lens both know who we are...


.....my hair in my face still doesn't change anything I am what I am...

....side profile...

....this works... though I may not look like I'm completely interested I'm still focus...


...a thought for me is like being in my own comfort zone away from everyone...


....my eyes give off signals...

...if the eyes could talk the things they would say...


...throwing a cheesy smile says a lot about me!....


....being able to use movement is a key advantage...

....dramatic though maintained...

...my favourite of them all...


...a guaranteed uplifting smile...

I have always said that I’m a cross between being behind the camera where I can take the most unusual images that convey a story or either in front of the camera where my wellbeing is a narrative that tells its own story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment